17 Şubat 2009 Salı

Punctum...

...

The 47th day


They both slept all day long as you see. And he is telling me that Gato is my cat ! Can you believe that?
They are very cute together and I am sure they will be very happy without me too :)

I am following a few blogs here and I saw this photo at one of them. The photo is from The International Word Press Winners and really touched me. It shows detective Robert Kole must ensure residents have moved out of their home in Cleveland, Ohio ! His posture is looking like he is waiting an attack from a serial killer or
one or more terrorists, but they are just people who live in their properties till soon. And maybe they had to move because of they couldn't pay 1-2 month of their mortgage. One of my very best friends lives in US and just bought a house with mortgage. I am really worrying about her after saw this photo...

If you went to the World Press page, I recommend you to check the other photos out too. There are a few very strong photos which Roland Barthes calls "this photo has punctum" in Camera Lucida. In my opinion Roland Barthes is a difficult writer. It takes long time to read and understand him to me :) But I liked his approach to photography in this book... If you like photography this is a bedside book with Susan Sontag's On Photography I think...

And the Rumi lines of the day:
He said , You are not mad enough.
You don't belong in this house.
I went wild and had to be tied up.
He said, Still not wild enough to stay with us
Now I am a fool, what about you?

2 yorum:

Carlton Mackey dedi ki...

i love this photo. it goes with something i said on my blog today about photos that say what they mean and mean what they say. There is no need for editing and whatever when a photo does this. I have a couple on my page today that I think do this fairly well. Cheers.

Unknown dedi ki...

Bu benim de aklıma bir foto getirdi. Facebook ve CS'e yükledim, bak istersen :)